About Assistant Professors at ISI
The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research and development, and a strong commitment to teaching for positions of Assistant Professor in its various scientific divisions and centers.
Foreign nationals are also eligible to apply. Recruitments in higher positions (Associate Professor and above) may also be made depending on the experience and suitability of the candidate, and the requirement of the division.
Indian Statistical Institute is a public research university that is recognized as an institute of national importance in the 1959 act of the Indian parliament. It grew out of the Statistical Laboratory set up by Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in Presidency College, Kolkata.
Project Linked Person (22)
Applied Statistics Division (ASD)
Computer and Communication Sciences Division (CCSD)
Physics and Earth Sciences Division (PESD)
Social Sciences Division (SSD)
Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division (SQC & OR)
Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Division (TSMD)
Ph.D. in the appropriate branch; a first-class or equivalent at the preceding degree with a very good academic
Should have at least 3 years of post Ph.D. research/ teaching/ industrial experience.
Preferably below 35 years.
Level 12 (After completion of three years in service in Level 12, the pay will be fixed at Level 13A1). In addition to the pay package, the Institute offers several incentives for the professional and personal development of the new faculty members. These include:
- Startup research grants of up to Rs. five Lakh may be provided in the first year after joining upon submission of a suitable proposal (for Assistant Professors only).
- Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of Rs. three Lakh for every block period of three years is given to all faculty as per rule.
- The Institute encourages faculty entrepreneurship, as well as, faculty involvement in start-ups.
- Accommodation in campus housing based on availability and as per rule.
- Medical facilities and medical insurance scheme are available for all faculty.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The following documents are required (in PDF format).
- Filled in Application Form in the proforma available at the end of this advertisement.
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications.
- Proposed research plan.
- Proposed teaching plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- Caste and/ or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable.
- Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish.
- Reprints of up to five important publication.
A single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents in the order specified above.
This single PDF file must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date to apply
April 30, 2021.