ICRISAT is seeking applications for the post of Senior Research Fellow, from Indian Nationals with expertise in computational analysis to work on ICRISAT mandate crops. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters at Patancheru, Telangana State, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world.
- Process and analyse sequencing data from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms using high-throughput genotyping / sequencing data
- Generating and performing genetic and genomic analyses using high-throughput genotyping / sequencing and phenotypic data for candidate gene discovery and marker development
- Use a variety of bioinformatics tools to analyze and manipulate resequencing and transcriptomic data
Conducting expression studies using RNA-Seq data, gene ontology and metabolic pathway analysis
Processing, analyzing, and archiving genomic data sets, conducting analyses, interpreting findings, and compiling of results and writing reports
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- Master’s degree in the area of Computational Genomics/Computational Biology/Biotechnology/Bioinformatics or similar with NET/GATE qualification and two years of research experience
- Preference will be given to candidate with working experience in genomics and next-generation sequencing.
- Proficient in any one of the programming/scripting in languages: Python, Perl, PHP, R, Shell Scripting. Must be comfortable working on Linux and CLI environment
- Good team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through Apply Now
All applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
March 12, 202