PhD Admissions 2021 at NIT Surat, India
The National Institute of Technology, Surat (NIT Surat), India invites online Application for Ph.D. Admissions 2021 We are providing a list of Fully Funded PhD Position available at The National Institute of Technology, Surat (NIT Surat).
Eligible candidate may Apply as soon as possible.
About NIT Surat
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology Surat (SVNIT or NIT Surat), is a public technical university established by the Parliament of India in 1961. It is one of 31 National Institutes of Technology in India recognized by the Government of India as an Institute of National Importance. It is the Anchor Institute for the Auto and Engineering sector and will be training the workforce. The project is also designated as the “Center of Excellence” in water resources and flood management and is supported by the World Bank.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Candidates admitted into the Ph.D. can apply as per the following categories:
- Full-Time: Students who are willing to pursue research on a full-time basis.
- Part-Time: Institute Faculty, Staff, and Project Staff, Faculty & Project Staff working in any Technical Institution approved by AICTE, Candidates working in any Public/ Private Sector Organization.
The eligibility for admission to a Ph.D. Program in faculty of Engineering, Science, Humanities and Social Science, as well as Interdisciplinary areas, are as follows:
- A candidate shall possess a Master’s Degree in the relevant area of research and should have passed with at least a second class with a minimum of 50% (CGPA=5.5) or equivalent in respective Engineering faculty and 55% in other cases, like programs related to Humanities and Sciences.
- If a student of full-time M. Tech. Program at the Institute willing to change over to a Ph.D. Program of the Institute, he may be permitted to do so at the beginning of the second year provided He/ She has obtained a CGPA of 9.0 or above after having registered for the full credits of course work in each of the first and second semesters of M. Tech. program.
- Candidates, who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with an exceptionally good academic record (CGPA 9.0 / equivalent marks or higher) in prescribed discipline, will also be considered for direct admissions to a Ph.D. program subject to if He / She should be eligible for admission to an M.Tech/ M.E. program in a relevant stream by virtue of his excellent valid GATE score. He/ She should be top 10% scorer of his/ her related branch.
- Full-Time research scholars paid by the Government/ Semi-Government Organizations such as CSIR, UGC, QIP, DAE, AICTE, etc will receive their stipend and contingency grants from their supporting organizations.
- Part-Time Institute Faculty/ Staff are expected to work for their Ph.D. Programs will be fulfilling their normal duties.
- Full-Time Sponsored candidates are recipients of complete financial support.
How To Apply
The candidates applying for admission to the Ph.D. program for the 2021 academic session will be required to pay
Application Fee (non-refundable):
Rs. 2000 for General/Gen-EWS/OBC,
Rs. 1500 for SC/ST/PD category candidate.
To apply online, click here.
The last date to apply is June 4, 2021.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on VacancyEdu.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
- 11 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- 12 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at EMPA, Zurich, Switzerland
- 09 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Inria, France
- 11 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Stavanger, Norway
- 10 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
- 11 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Zurich, Switzerland
- 13 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 07 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at University of Groningen, Netherlands
- 04 PhD Degree-Fully Funded at Utrecht University, Netherlands